Monday, March 01, 2010

My PLC Is Haunted

I'm Calling In Technical Support...


I'm still not quite sure what's going on, but I've got this one IR sensor that, if it didn't cost nearly $400, I'd have already thrown out in the driveway and run over it with the car a couple of times in a screaming conniption fit.

The stupid thing is programmable about a zillion different ways, but all I want is for it to look at something that's between the range of 32 degrees F and 300 degrees and tell my software when it sees something out of range (moving past in the plant on a conveyor at about 5 bottles per second) and trigger a relay contact.

Simple stuff like this happens all the time every day in control panels in manufacturing plants all around the world....

but not in my basement so far in the past week.

I set the thing up, verify the settings, unhook it from my Laptop, hook it to the PLC panel, and it keeps losing it's silly little electronic mind.

WTF?

I'm giving things until the end of the day, then I'm calling in a consultant I guess.

Someone like this guy may be able to help me...




Please call if you know anyone that's local or you can give me a reference so I can fly them in for a consultation...

1 comment:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Maybe no one else cares, but what was up with the sensor?