Thursday, July 01, 2010

Capitalizing On The Oil Spill

"Mixing" Business With Pleasure


So we were out last evening wandering down to one of our local watering holes before hitting the Kroger 4th of July meat sale, and when we got to the restaurant the bar was full up to the rafters.

It pisses me off to attend any establishment when it's packed...especially on a mid week night.

We ended up standing up down by the service bar area which is no problem because we know most of the staff, and when the little girl tending bar asked for our order she already knew Pat wanted Pinot G and a small glass of ice on the side, and to me she said "Summer" or "Winter"?

Everybody around here knows that "Winter" for me is happy hour well bourbon and coke...double, tall, in a water glass with ice.

"Summer," likewise, is a Sea Breeze which, for the uninformed, is Vodka, Grapefruit, and Cranberry juice.

Again double, tall, in a water glass with lots of ice.

But for some reason, off the top of my head (and I'm not making this up) I said...

I want a "Gulf Breeze"....

"What?"

That would be Vodka, Grapefruit, Cranberry Juice, no ice...wait...with a shot of Kahlua...and...a little olive oil...floated on top.

(an oil slick...get it?????)

Brought the house down...I'm telling ya...

I made a mental note to write the idea down, and about eight hours later I still remembered it so here it is for your enjoyment.

And if you leave the Olive oil out I bet the drink would sell right now everywhere between Pascagoula and Pensacola.

Am I in the wrong business?

Wait...doing nothing most of the time isn't a business...so it just might be an improvement.

No comments: