Thursday, August 05, 2010

Too Tired To Complain (Much)

Mental Funk Continues...


It's a rare event when I can't figure out how to do something.

OK...

Open heart surgery, building a manned spacecraft...

I don't do much of that kind of stuff these days, but still.

I've got a few little bitty details to work out still on the latest PLC panel and just like every engineering project, it seems that the last 5% of any given project takes 95% of the time and effort to complete.

That rule is certainly true in my basement these days.

There's plenty of crap going on out there in the news and in the world that makes my ever greying, ever balding head spin (at near orbital rotational velocity), but in an effort to stay focused I've declined to comment.

Let's face it, ladies and gentlemen. We live in a society of people today many of which have lost track of what it means to be an American.

At least an American in the sense of the America I grew up in in the 1960's and 1970's.

If President Kennedy were alive today and he made a speech challenging America to build a spacecraft from scratch and fly to the moon by the end of the decade, you know what?

I don't believe that we could do it.

Again.

Not because we lack the academic acumen to do the work, but because we lack the resolve and political climate to accomplish the task again.

And that's sad.

Very SAD.

No comments: