Sunday, November 07, 2010

No More Tomatoes

Some Sort Of Record...


We harvested the last of our tomatoes this afternoon...November 7th.  The heavy frost and freeze over night finally did the plants in.  Some of them still had blooms on them yesterday afternoon.

I got a dozen or so ripe fruit which wasn't damaged and a ton of green tomatoes which I'll either batter and fry or possibly pickle if I have the time and energy.

I'm saddest about the three Roma plants I raised from seed this spring.  I remember them when they only were an inch tall and had two leaves each.

The pepper plants took it on the chin also.

Thus goes the ebb and flow of the tides and the seasons, I guess.

The frost makes my old bones hurt too...maybe someone should consider frying ME after I get through pickling myself...

No comments: