Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Is A Test Of The Emergency Broadcast System

This Is Only A Test...


I'm afraid that I have to admit that my neural synapses are almost completely overloaded these days.

It just might take a month or so to get over living through the past two weeks of my life.

After spending a semi-unplanned ten days out of town in another state--mental and physical--followed by having a house full of pseudo relatives ( i.e. Pat's family ) in town for half a week, I think that I've realized what a quiet existence I generally enjoy as a middle aged childless curmudgeon.

Let's face facts...Ladies and Gentlemen...

Having Kids wandering around the property warps reality in ways beyond my ability to comprehend, and spending time with more than one other adult human inside my official "building of residence" taxes my patience and tilts my world off of it's axis in an alarming fashion possibly requiring counseling and medical attention...

Right now I feel like I'm sort of some kind of mutant cross between Dustin Hoffman's character  "Rainman"






with a nice mix of  Christopher Lloyd's character "Reverend Jim"...


and possibly Andy Kaufman's "Lakta" from the TV show "Taxi" thrown in for good measure.




I'd say I'm a little more Reverend Jim/Latka right now in as much as I'm harmless to anyone other than myself...

But still...

I have to attempt to get a grip on the details of several different projects while at the same time trying to head out of town toward either a funeral in Ohio or the originally planned Memorial Day Festivities in Lower Alabama this weekend.

Nothing seems to be easy these days...justifying the cost and time to head north versus the cost and time to head south.

Maybe I should just stay home for the next couple of weeks and save money rather than risk insulting anyone in the process.

I'm entertaining suggestions if anyone has any insight into a solution to my delimma...

No comments: