Thursday, December 29, 2011

Technological Dinosaur Living In Technology Hell

An Old Friend Dies...

So I hate to report that  late yesterday afternoon I stumbled into my neglected Home Office for the first time in a couple of days, intent on printing out an AutoCAD file I had e-mailed myself from my company laptop sitting out on the coffee table in the living room.

But upon arrival I learned some bad news...

Earlier I had noticed that the slightly more than 4 year old  machine had been rebooting itself for some reason almost every day or so in the past weeks and I just assumed that stupid Windows Vista was doing automatic updates, BUT...

not this time...apparently...

Either the computer has some sort of Alzheimer's type disease else the primary hard drive has crapped out.

Dang it...

But any way...

I'm supposed to have a couple of versions of back up files on a 400 gig external drive and a newer Terabyte drive, along with "recovery disks" and possibly a "recovery partition" available somewhere in the building but you know what?

Bottom line is that I don't have time to worry about this old friend of a computer which has served our household very well since November 2007 when we were living in bliss down on the Georgia Coast on St.Simons Island.

I have things to do and people to meet and talk to and a new hard drive and the associated installation and cursing will just have to wait until sometime in 2012.

Regards's Y'all...

No comments: