Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chillin' In Tulsa This Morning

Literally...


Oh...where to start writing this morning?

I KNOW...write about the weather!

After all...

everyone talks or writes about it (the Weather)...

BUT but no one (except Owl Gore) ever does anything about it.

RIGHT?

...so any way...

Surprisingly, during our first winter out here in Eastern Oklahoma the weather has been pretty kind to us so far.

Not much different from where we came from over in Knoxtown in Eastern Tennessee.

I have to admit that we're sort of surprised...actually.

Last year they had one storm out here which dumped over 22 inches of snow on the area, but looking at the published data the average snowfall is listed at 10 inches annually, and Knoxtown's average was similarly listed as being 12 inches although we only saw anything close to that figure one year out of the five we lived there....

so I guess we're probably going to be OK most of the time.

Looking at the calendar...

...the days are getting longer.

Looking at the thermometer...

... it's about 29 deg F outside.

...and looking out my back windows of our new house there's about an inch of sloppy white snow which fell after dark but before 10 PM last evening (the first of this winter) making everything look sort of peaceful and quite now that it has frozen.

I've just re-stoked last evening's fireplace fire early this morning and finally have some off time to consider the whirlwind of my life which has happened over the past three months

It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating my birthday in September 2011 while spending time innocently making sawdust and painting/staining trim in the basement of my house in Knoxtown in eastern Tennessee.

Here now almost four months later, in January of 2012, I find myself working all day in an Injuneering office located  almost 800 miles to the West of Knoxtown...

...sitting by a fire looking at the snow in my back yard.

Who Knew?

No comments: