Saturday, May 07, 2005

Beaver Photos

Being the rocket scientist that I am, I finally figured out how to install photos in the blog. I had done it once before and forgot how.

Here is my dad with the brand spanking new (3 months old) de Havilland Beaver in December 1957. The big round thing sticking out of the door is a CAMERA, a very large camera that my dad was testing for low altitude recon. Top secret stuff in its day...


Dad with the Beaver in 1957 Posted by Hello

And here she is in flight over south Alabama with dad at the controls. The tail number has changed from the Army designation 64419 to the civilian designation N67688, but the paperwork path is well documented.


64419 with Virgil Jr. at the controls Posted by Hello

Here is the current owner, Gary "Butch" King, showing off a big king salmon in front her at his Alaska Wildman Lodge today:


N67688 today Posted by Hello

Not bad for a 48 year old airplane...So how amazing is the internet anyway?

1 comment:

Richthofen said...

Geez V, when I read the title "Beaver Photos" the perverse side of my psyche was expecting something else. You didn't leave me disappointed though.

At least she's got a single screw.

Heh.