Saturday, April 15, 2006

FIFTEEN THOUSAND

Crazy People Have Visited This Website


That’s right, ladies & gentlemen…boys and girls of all ages…

It took me 16 months to get my first ten thousand “hits” here on this blog .

I was quite happy with my performance to that date, because I had no barometer or other standards at the time with which to judge my success except that I liked blogging and someone apparently liked reading my rantings and ramblings.

It all seemed simple enough, at least to me.

Well, I’m proud to announce that YOU, my new and regular readers, just pushed me over the 15,000 mark yesterday…

FIVE THOUSAND ADDITIONAL HITS, ONLY FOUR MONTHS LATER.

Someone queue the fireworks and dancing girls or something, please…

As you may have already noticed, I'm a writer, not a "linker", except on the rare occasion of lazyness or sickness or absence where I choose to point to my fellow bloggers for content.

You probably have also noticed that I tend to call a spade a spade, as I see things. My intent is never to intentionally offend anyone, but if the shoe fits--I allow you to wear it--just like the truth hurts when presented in a public or personal fashion.

Any way, I’d like to take this opportunity to offer hearty THANKS…and to remind you to keep up the good work.

I'll also mention, to those of you that don't like what I have to say, that you are equally welcome to stay the hell away if I really get under your skin or you can't behave yourself in my comments section while you're here.

I look forward to getting the next 5K worth of traffic in three months, perhaps?

Other than that, y'all have a nice day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now it's fifteen thousand and ONE, seriously I read regularly for the reason you said, I like your writing style and what you have to say. I took a picture of an old church near you recently and will send a copy to you and details on where it is. You may like to see it. Ed

Cousin Pat said...

I try and drop by every day to see what crazy thoughts have gone through your mind.

BTW, I also saw that you got a write up in the latest "Coastal Illustrated" concerning Ms. Wilcox's gallery. Had your drawing of the Coast Guard station in it, too. Pretty good review, that one.