Sunday, June 11, 2006

Another Day In Paradise

“Lookin’ For My…Lost Shaker Of Salt”


Good God but its tough being me, because I set such a low high standard being the beach bum that I am.

We’re enjoying yet another fabulous weekend of low humidity weather, although the NOAA web site said that we got up to 97 degrees yesterday afternoon. The humidity was less than 30%, however.

Its 75 degrees outside right now (3:00 AM) and I just got back in from walking out to the pool to check out what our assortment of frogs were up to.

Let’s just say that everything’s just “froggy”…

There’s a full moon and a light breeze blowing, and I wish I had a hammock or some other acceptable form of outdoors bedding because I’d rather be sleeping on the patio tonight.

All of this dry weather has me worried, however.

You see, we’ve gotten about an inch of rain in the past two months, and as a result I believe that we’re going to get pounded because “average” rainfall isn’t called “average” for nuthin’…just ask people living in Albany, Georgia after tropical storm Alberto in the early 1990’s or the residents of Houston, Texas after tropical storm Allison hung around for a few days in 2001.

This latest bit of tropical weather currently wandering around in the Gulf of Mexico could represent the first round of retribution.

The “Pool Guy” came back this afternoon in his ongoing efforts chasing our little Algae bastards around the otherwise clear waters of our concrete watering hole. I hate having to appear to be a petty SOB by constantly complaining about the pool maintenance, but gosh darn it, we pay a premium to live here and if I wanted to swim in dark colored watery murky filth I’d go to the beach every day to swim in tannic stained salt water filled with fish poo.

I have to look forward to enduring yet another day of sunning my hairy body poolside tomorrow, followed by a hearty meal of Moroccan chicken and other delicacies as yet to be stirred together.

Monday I'm jumping into a car with my friend Mark to drive to Alabama to attend the memorial service for my recently departed friend Mike. I hate funerals, but they're an ever increasing reality in my life as my family and peers age around me.

Two funerals in three months...getting old sucks, but it's still better than the alternative...

No comments: