Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Two Funerals In Three Months

Not My Idea Of Any Way To Have Fun


First it was my Grandmother’s death in April, and today we had to bury my childhood friend Mike Parker.

What a bummer.

The only good thing that came out of the experience was that I got to see about two dozen of my classmates that have managed to avoid the grim reaper to date. I also got to spend one night with my mom before doing the return trip back to our little island tomorrow afternoon.

You’ll have to excuse my absence from the blog from the past couple of days, but I haven’t felt like waxing poetic and I didn’t have the spirit to rant about anything social or political.

My enthusiasm is also dampened by the limitations of Alaweb dial-up internet service which I’m forced to use this evening.

Please stay tuned to this station for further updates…

1 comment:

Princess Ody said...

i went to a funeral this week, too. my uncle's. and the only good thing about that one was, i got to see long-lost relatives. death in the family usually means family reunion