Friday, September 22, 2006

The Good News Is that I'm leaving Town

The Bad News Is I'll Be Computerless


I guess that it's all a matter of perspective, but I heading out on Saturday morning to go do something that I've loved to do for about every year over the past 47 years of my life.

Go to Panama City Beach, Florida--otherwise known as "The Redneck Riveria."

I'm excited because it's been a few years since I've made the trip.

There was a time when I could claim to not have missed a single year on the gulf coast until about 2004, when I moved over here to the Atlantic Coast of Georgia.

Practically the only thing missing from this year's event will be my wonderful Father whom has been absent from this Earth for the past ten years. His last chance to watch me toss Frisbee on the beach and go fishing with me for King and Spanish Mackerel offshore was the week before Hurricane Opal pounded the Florida gulf coast in 1995.

However, we have a nice new addition to our family--my Nephew--and I intend to be a totally bad influence on him. I'll be in charge of teaching him how to deal with sand in his hair and swimsuit and how to build sandcastles and pick up chicks chase seagulls and crabs on the beach.

It looks like that the weather is going to hold out and the worst thing we have to deal with will be the occasional afternoon thunderstorm, but I may need some counciling because...

I'M NOT TAKING A COMPUTER.

Further, I've given Pat instructions to not allow me to go to any internet hot spots or otherwise shake and shutter my way into the presence of an internet connection.

Stand by...I'm already feeling faint...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time...even without the pc.