Saturday, October 14, 2006

If You Can’t Say Nuthin’ Nice--Don’t Say Nuthin’ At All…

The Silence Of The Lambs Pachyderms


I’m sorry, but to my regular readers I feel the need to offer my sincerest apology for the low quantity of ranting and writing recently--but I have to admit that I’ve been distracted with other matters, things like making a bit of money here and there.

Call me a capitalist…I’ll confess…

Meanwhile, there’s some really crazy stuff happening out there in the world, and I don’t believe that you need me to provide “closed captioning” or “English subtitles” to explain the insanity of the situations.

For instance, my favorite recent story is that of the young man from Pennsylvania who hired a Mariachi band and rode an elephant around the Rio Grande on the border outside of Brownsville, Texas for HOURS, and never managed to get the attention of the US border patrol in the process.

Elephants, a six-piece mariachi band and a former reality TV contestant stood at the mouth of the Rio Grande.

Don't wait for the punch line.

It's not a joke but a political stunt by Raj Bhakta, a Republican looking to unseat Democratic incumbent Allyson Schwartz in the 13th Congressional District, to prove the sad state of border security in the nation.

Bhakta, best known for being fired on “The Apprentice” in 2004, hired elephants and a mariachi band to draw attention to the lack of security along the border between the United States and Mexico on Tuesday.

“It was a shock to see that we have almost no border security. It's a joke,” Bhakta said.

“The elephant never made landfall into Mexico, but I tell you something, he could have made 15 laps back and forth, but no one showed up,” Bhakta said in Wednesday's editions of The Brownsville (Texas) Herald.

He said he and his crew were there for “at least an hour.”

Bhakta, who was in the area of the U.S.-Mexican border raising money for his campaign, said he got the idea after seeing men swim under an international bridge without getting caught.

Circus producer James Plunkett told the newspaper he was hired for the photo shoot and provided three elephants.

Think about that situation for a while while I take a little morning snooze, then I’ll stop back by to provide some additional commentary.

No comments: