Sunday, October 08, 2006

Money Can't Buy Happiness

But It Sure Comes Close...


Take a look at this little toy I ran into last week at the bicycle shop:



It's a 1951 Schwinn "Whizzer"--a gas powered bicycle.

Notice that it has pedals, and that's how you start the little gas motor.

Thousands of these were made, often from kits, between the late 1930's and early 1950's.

One thing that I noticed is that it's very heavy, weight wise. I found out when I helped the shop owner pick it up off a rack on the back of his SUV.

I would have loved to try to ride it, but since it's worth about $5,000 and the owner wasn't there to give me permission, the best I could do was give it a good going over visually and with the camera.

Speaking of bikes, it's time to go ride mine. I'm doing about five miles a day right now as I get my lungs and legs back into shape.

See y'all later...

No comments: