Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New Computer

Paralized With New Hardware Features...


I walked into Circuit City Yesterday about noon with $3000 cash in my pocket and a burning desire to leave the building with one of these, an HP Pavilion dv8380us notebook PC.

I'm in heaven, still trying to comprehend features like these:

Intel dual core 1.83 Ghz processor.

Not one, but TWO 120 Gigabite hard drives

CD/DVD burner with laser litescribe label burner

TV tuner

2 MB SDRAM

17" WXGA wide screen

Two wireless remote controls for the media functions.

The sad thing was that after finding the computer on the Circuit City Web site, I almost had to beat the two employees in the computer department of the local store to make them sell me one.

The first idiot salesman which I talked to actually denyed that they carried it, and it was only after insisting that the website said that it was in stock in the Brunswick store and indicated that I had to buy it in the store to get the sale price did a second employee manage to find the SKU and find one laying on a shelf in an unopened box in the back room.

I swear, if there was another store in town I would have left and paid $100 extra for the thing, because those two ingrates acted like it was some kind of trouble for me to force them to take my $1,900 plus tax.

I guess I will never understand the mentality of some retail employees.

Any way...between setting up and copying software to the new machine and getting ready for my meeting at city hall, I was up untill 4 AM.

At 8:45 AM the Mayor's administrative assistant called me and cancelled our meeting--actually moving it to a future date to be determined.

Dang it.

I was all fired up, but I guess that I can use the extended time to do a little more work on the project plans, and I promise to get back to doing some quality blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new PC! Customer service has definitely gone down hill...everywhere.