Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Expert Incompetence

High Priced Bad Advice...


After bouncing around in the 1980's and finally finishing college and beginning my work career as a mechanical engineer, my Father told me a silly joke which I still remember today and has a good deal of applicability to my current situation.

It goes something like this:

Do you know what an "Expert" is?

No?

Well..."Ex" means former...right?

And a "spurt" is nothing but a simple "drip" of liquid (water, urine, etc.)...under pressure...

Right?

So, using that logic, an "EXPERT" is nothing but a former drip under pressure.

Using that description, I know one very good example of an "Expert" which does his business somewhere out in the great state of Colorado right now, charges a premium for his services, and knows virtually NOTHING about the topics which he addresses.

I've forgotten more about the subject than he apparently knows today.

Dammit...

No comments: