Tuesday, July 24, 2007

More Computer Crap

Outsmarting Myself...


Well, I'm up early this morning, trying to finish up some of my nerdy design work in anticipation of being out of town for most of a week, and to my horror I'm finding some problems with file corruption in some of my software.

I don't know if it is systemic or related to my recent bullshit spyware/adware/malware event, and I'm still checking things looking for problems--but a week or more of design work could be lost unless I can find clean copies of the spreadsheets.

The bad news is that I've run my Norton 360 software twice a day for the past month or so and the backup feature has apparently reduced everything to the same "gobbly-gook status" in the process.

Am I a "super genius" or what???

I'm so angry I'm ready to throw the computer out into the parking lot and start using an abacus and a big fat first grade pencil again.


.

No comments: