Sunday, July 08, 2007

Who Are These People?

Legalized Littering


Yesterday I was wandering around aimlessly here on the property, taking out the trash and putting some things into our carport storage locker, when I noticed this guy with a van full of what I call "Fake Phonebooks."

You know--Fake Phonebooks--those published by some entity other than the telephone company.

Any way, this dude proceeds to toss one out into each and every covered parking space, then he comes around the building with a load in his arms and plops them down in front of our mail boxes.

One has to ask the question: "Does he think that we have some kind of third class residents that don't own a parking space but get their mail delivered here?

Obviously this rocket scientist gets paid by the book to empty his van each day, and his employers (the "Fake Phone Book Publisher") doesn't have any mechanism to verify that he's not giving each of his involuntary recipients more that one copy.

We get a couple of odd newspapers and "trader magazines" thrown out on our carport a few times each month. They all end up laying around getting wet from the rain and festering and rotting until I get tired of them, realise that "current resident" means ME, and I kick them over to the trash bin because they're too gross to pick up with my hands.

That's OK, our maintenance guy will enjoy hauling the big pile of "fake phonebooks" that I'm putting into the trash this evening.

Can anyone tell me the difference between literature distribution, advertising, and littering?

No comments: