Friday, September 28, 2007

Back On The Jobsite

Me And My Tools Are A Bit Rusty...


Hey Y'all...I have good news.

After almost two months of procrastination and mental diversion, I'm heading back over to "THE JOBSITE" in Brunswick this morning.

I've only spent a couple of days working there since late July, and since my patience and wallet is wearing thin with the delay and misuse of my meager capital investments, I guess that I should stand up and get back to work now so I can sell the place and afford to buy Christmas presents from Big Lots for my Mother and Sister.

If I had my own TV show, instead of "Flip This House," the producers would call my program "Tip This House" or possibly something else original like "The Sit around on your ass while your house falls apart Show."

Regardless, I suspect that both of my adoring viewers would be happy that I'm back on the air (or at least here on the Internet) shortly.

This next trip will be dedicated to fooling around making a list and trying to figure out what else needs to be done for completion, while my right hand man James curses and bitches sitting on top of a step ladder finishing the demolition back in the master bedroom and master bath.

I hope to install a pipe plug and re-rout the plumbing to offset the loss back in early August of less than a dozen feet of copper pipe connecting my hot water heater with the plumbing system.

The Brunswick Police Department has thus far yet to lift an eyebrow when I call them, so I guess that I'll have to resort to mounting machine guns on the roof and manning the premises myself once I near completion and start having things like Dishwashers and Ranges delivered and installed in the new kitchen cabinets.

Things have slid from August to September, but I really believe that if I buckle down and spend the time and money I can have things finished and on the market by November...possibly late October if I give it four or five days a week and hire a couple of friends to work a few days in between.

The good news is that the weather has calmed down and stopped running up to 110 heat index every day and dumping a couple inches of rain on my head every afternoon.

Someone call Al Gore and complain for me if you will, because my mud puddles have dried up and my stock in the Brunswick Rowboat Company is worth about 3 cents right now.

No comments: