Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Do I Somehow Seem Indifferent?

I'm Torn Somewhere Between "Pissed Off" And "Just Don't Care"...


Picture me, spinning around in a mental and physical funk, trying to avert my eyes from crap like Congressional responses to four star Generals making reports and Bimbos performing at the MTV Awards Ceremonies--a place featuring music I've probably never heard and so called artists I don't recognise.

I've got more musical talent in my nose hair than some of these people exhibit. Thus the loss I feel when I manage to get a nose hair hung in one of my harmonicas.

(OK, forget that mental picture delivered in a moment of candor and weakness...)

Then there is Hollywood and it's products...

Have I mentioned that I have not set foot in a movie theater since we moved down here to our little island in 2004?

I also haven't rented or purchased any films since then, yet somehow I don't feel any less human or culturally unsophisticated than the next slob that I pass on the road while riding my bike.

Let's just say that I have "issues" and right now I'm resisting spewing venom on a personal basis in a bunch of directions because I don't want any lawsuits for liable and slander--although what I have to say about a couple of individuals and companies is TRUE.

Meanwhile, the US Postal Service continues to prove that an address change is at best a happenstance event conducted at their convenience--usually resulting in a ten to thirteen day delay in the mail delivery process.

Any private company that continued to provide the inferior service that we're living with after almost six weeks would be out of business by now, but then again we all know that the US government continues to prop up the postal service even as e-mail and FedEX/UPS slices their legs out from underneath them.

If I were a younger man I would consider buying a few pony's and starting a package delivery service.

Wait...I think that someone's already been down that avenue...




BTW...here's a shout out to my old College Roommate Rusty on his birthday...Rusty's 48 today..."What's Wrong With Your Leg...Rusty???"

No comments: