Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Left Over Rain Storm Finally Gets National Attention

I Are Your Weather Guru...


OK Ladies & Gentlemen, It's like this.

I'm pissed.

After all, how can I ever get into the weather prediction business if I keep on keeping my predictions to myself?

You see, it was exactly one week ago I was sitting here on the Internet and watching the Weather Channel, looking at a rotating mass of atmospheric energy that was anchored slightly offshore of Sapelo Island, Georgia.

It was basically a big giant blob of juicy clouds that insisted on soaking me and my Island home, and by default it saturated my Friday night football game halftime antics in the process.

I got over it since then, after coming home and applying a few pounds of Gold Bond Powder and Tinactin anti-fungal cream to the appropriate body parts, but I've still resented the little storm's imposition on my life as I watched it continue to spin away offshore over the past week.

Was I the only one that noticed it's features?

Apparently not, because now it's official...

My little local rainstorm has organized itself and now it's gotten it's own name. Here, take a look:



What bothers me most is that the Weather Channel's Jim Cantori gets all of the glory here, while I lived through the early stages of the storm's development and didn't have a camera crew or an airplane ticket thrust upon me to provide the coverage for all of the Katrina refugees and the balance of the American population that expects a storm to come knocking on their front door between now and November 30th.

Well, at least Al Gore and the rest of the Global Warming "Weather Weenines" get another storm to add to their 2007 listing.

Please excuse me while I yawn without placing my hand over my mouth...

No comments: