Monday, December 17, 2007

I Hurt My Nose PickingTouchpad Finger

Inconvenience Squared...


I'm back home from the job site a little earlier than expected today because I finally managed to harm myself--not badly--but it made me mad and I just cleaned up, loaded up the truck, and came home in a huff.

The building originally had natural gas radiant heaters in every room and gas stoves/water heaters and I've slowly been cutting off or removing the old pipes from the walls.

Today's injury involved a little three inch tall stub pipe sticking out of what was one of the kitchen floors that served the long ago relocated water heater. I've been tripping over it since last week when we started moving walls around, and today after tripping on it a half dozen times I finally managed to pinch my right index finger between it and the pneumatic framing nailer frame when I tried to lay the nailer down.

Screaming, profanity, and blood flow ensued as it really hurt in the 50 degree temperatures we were working in with the door open all morning.

I took a sledge hammer and beat the pipe into submission after installing a bandaid--now blood soaked--on the end of my finger.

Typing also sucks with the bandaid sticking off the end of the fingertip...

I've got to go now and do some first aide before making a trip to make a Christmas tree purchase.

No comments: