Monday, February 25, 2008

Chili Cookoff Ensues

To Cook, Or Not To Cook?


My friend and popular Blackwater Grill restaurant owner John called me last evening to check on my health progress.

Apparently the rumor was out among some of the other contestants that his head Chef (that would be me) was potentially calling in sick for this upcoming weekend's Chili Cookoff, and they had stopped by the restaurant to gloat and drink beer in celebration.

Well, I've got news for them...come 10 AM this morning I'll be standing in the checkout line at the grocery store with a few items, the London Broil is already thawed out, and a gallon test batch of chili will be finished in the pot in time for a 4:00 PM strategy meeting over at Blackwater in the afternoon.

The only way I'm missing next Saturdays' event is if they haul me back to the hospital...and my newly modifed colon needs some chili therapy anyway so I can kill two birds with one stone this week.

Wish me luck...If you will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad yur feeling better. I enjoy your posts. I live in Knoxville and you'll love it, if you can put up with all the VOL fans. Don't know if you remember me, but i was in your sister's class (79)from CHS. BTW, we are expecting snow this Wed. Enjoy the warm weather while you can.
Rick