Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Living In Slow Motion

An Hour's Work Takes All Day Now


It's a warm but dreary day here on the Georgia coast, so at least I can't feel guilty for staying inside all day.

Although my improvement and progress is obvious to outside observers, it's still really frustrating living inside a nearly five decade old body running at about 75% efficiency...with a restrictor plate or other obstruction bolted to my carburetor.

I made it through yesterday without a nap, got a pot of less than perfect chili cooked, and made my meeting with my Chili Cookoff partner in time to come home and collapse on the sofa.

Then something amazing happened--I managed to sleep for six hours in a row, awakening about seven AM rested but still operating at something less than full speed.

The balance of the day will be spent making short trips off the sofa to do things like clean the ashes out of the fireplace and stagger through some more paperwork, and I may reward myself with a late morning nap just for the fun of it if the urge strikes me.

I wish someone could give me a giant shot of adrenalin or something to pep me up. I guess only time will tell...

No comments: