Friday, March 28, 2008

Busy Week

Head Spinning


Let's see...what did we accomplish this week?

First, I just realized that on Wednesday I got another 270 words of editorial opinion published in the local newspaper down in Georgia. Here's a link to the PDF online edition (look in the lower right corner of the page.)

Second, we have had a WONDERFUL visit to Eastern Tennessee and specifically we really love the western suburbs of the great city of Knoxville. Maybe next time we come to the area we'll actually visit the downtown.

Third, we had our purchase offer accepted today on a lovely 1960's ranch house that's been totally renovated inside and is solid brick on the outside. By May first I'll also have a solid concrete unfinished basement in which to make sawdust and shoot BB guns and generally act like I'm thirteen years old again.

Perhaps the best thing about our future home is...

get ready...

it's exactly 3.7 miles away from my new office, and less than three miles from the mighty Tennessee River.

Needless to say I'm one happy camper tonight. Now all I need is a 21' fiberglass hull with a motor to make my life as complete as it can be while landlocked.

Congratulations are being accepted...

No comments: