Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Boxes Are Winning

But Computers Found


I'm happy to report that I managed to dig through the boxes labeled "office" and locate the balance of our server computer last night along with enough cables to get one of the printers working.

Thirty eight pages of technical specifications and a few spreadsheets later I was too tired to read any more or write anything clever early this morning, thus the late posting.

The rain finally blew out of here yesterday morning and the temperature dipped down into the upper thirty's over night, allowing me to test our old ceiling heat system and the heat pump. I was afraid to look at the weather forecast for our little island because the only thing left there besides my heart is my Suburban--endlessly stuck in "dispatcher hell" of the transport company.

Our impressions of Knoxville continue to evolve in a positive manner, but I almost feel guilty for liking the place after years ago committing to spending the rest of my life adjacent to the ocean.

I've got two more days of freedom left before re-entering the confides of a 9 to 5 workplace, something I haven't done since 1989. I learned from the human resources manager yesterday that I'm eligible to work four ten hour days, every other week, giving me a three day weekend twice a month.

My response was "heck yeah...where do I sign?"

Now I guess it's back to the land of mystery boxes as I finish up the kitchen and office arrangement...and of course the obligatory trip to Lowe's and Home Depot to buy more stuff I'll have to pack up and move again in the future.

When will I ever learn?

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Knoxville is a lovely place. There is always something artsy going on. Also you have got to get over to Fountain City and eat at Litton's. They aren't open on Sunday. They have wonderful Italian Cream cake and Red Velvet cake too. They have had a favorable review from Southern Living Magazine.
Another good place to eat is Hall's. They have a micro brewery along with great barbeque.
103.5 FM is WIMZ the Classic Rock Station. 100.3FM is WNOX an all talk station, if you are interested in listening to something while you are unpacking all of those boxes.