Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Distant Relatives Arrive For Short Visit?

Old Building Goes Home


Take a look at the goings on at my house this afternoon:







I'd like to tell you that you're looking at Gypsies hauling the world's largest outhouse, but in reality our neighbor Susan, the daughter of the man who built that cute little storage building next door in about 1965 was reclaiming it from the end of our driveway.

Apparently her Dad sold the building to the previous owner of our new house in the mid 1970's and it's resided here ever since. (She lives a few houses further down the road today.)

I was happy to give it to her and help her load it on the trailer behind the old "Hippie Wagon" because it saved me the trouble of cutting it apart with a chain saw and throwing it into a dumpster later this spring. I must admit that I was worried about the brakes on the old VW bus handling things going down our driveway, but they made it out of sight up the street and I washed my hands of any responsibility.

I guess that everyone was happy at the end of the day except the resident Groundhog who will probably have to relocate before Missy the Turbo Pup finds her/him and we have to call in a backhoe to dig her out of the hole located under the old foundation.

No comments: