Thursday, April 24, 2008

Clowns To The Left Of Me...Jokers To My Right

Here I Am...Stuck In The Middle with...WHO?


Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm excited to report that we managed to do it again yesterday.

By "it" I mean overflowing our stuff out of a house and into a giant truck--this time owned by Allied Van Lines--and onto the interstate.

At times "it" wasn't pretty, and if "it" had occurred a month ago I couldn't have done "it" because of my diminished physical condition.

That said, several times I wanted to find an empty corner in one of the bedrooms and lay down in the floor to rest, but my ever increasing Male ego wouldn't let me be completely outdone by the two polite twenty-something kids Allied had sent us to handle the nitty gritty of the proceedings.

The event was over with by a little after five PM yesterday, but in reality I still had have a pile of "unshippable crap" left laying in the garage, along with a perfectly good Chevy Suburban sitting in my driveway.

Now we're faced with wandering back over to the scene of the crime there this morning before jumping on the interstate toward Knoxville while I raise a little Hell with the Auto Transport Company (which shall remain un-named at the present time)about not picking up my truck full of odds and ends yesterday.

Based on this "hiccup" and schedule change, it looks like we'll be driving as far as Atlanta tonight, then blasting on up to Knoxville Friday morning in order to make it to the loan closing table by 10:00 AM.

All I want to know is...WHo's IDEA WAS THIS ALL ANYWAY?

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Just said a quick prayer for things to go smoothly for you and your family.
God Bless!