Monday, June 09, 2008

Stop Complaining and Get To Work

That's My Solution


I'm going to be brief this morning, because I think I can make my point in less than 250 words.

My neighbors just recently returned from a golfing vacation in Scotland.

One of the most interesting things they told me about their trip wasn't something about things like the deep vertical walled sand traps on the "Old Course" at St. Andrews.

No...it was that gas in Scotland costs FIFTEEN US DOLLARS per gallon.

I've been meaning to do a little snooping around and I found this page on the Department of Energy Website showing that we've got it easy here in the good old US of A when it comes to filling up our auto gas tanks.

Europe is quite a different story.

Belgium?

$9.20 a gallon

France?

$8.80

Britain?

$8.74

Catch my drift?

Why don't you ever see any of this stuff in the hand wringing news stories showing some Redneck pumping $10 worth into their Mustang after buying a carton of cigarettes, a case of Natural Light beer, and five scratch off lottery tickets?

Could it be that the idiot "professional journalists" want you to believe that you're alone in your misery?

(que the sound of crickets chirping...)

Get a grip, get a life, and get back to work.

That will be all...for now...

No comments: