Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Quote(s) O' The Day

More Lessons From A Great Man Who Knew Better...


"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."

"Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge."

"I have a higher and grander standard of principal than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won't."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."

"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said 'I don't know' "

"I never let my schooling interfere with my education."

"It's easier to stay out than to get out"


Mark Twain (1835-1910)

No comments: