Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back On Our Little Island

Spirits High, Soul At Ease...


After over eight hours spent blasting down the interstate across Tennessee and Georgia in the Chrysler 300, we finally cruised back across the bridge over the Inter coastal Waterway about 4:30 PM yesterday afternoon and almost all of my worldly cares immediately evaporated.

The smell of the salt water breeze has that sort of effect on me, and after all--we were "home" again after over a five week absence.

Even little Missy The Turbo Pup seemed to have a renewed sparkle in her eyes as she returned to the shores of the Georgia Coast where she spent most of the first 16 months of her life romping under the Live Oaks and spinning around on the pool deck and in the sands of East Beach.

After drinks at the locals watering hole over on the Marsh with friends and a hearty meal at my good friend and fellow Georgia Tech alum John Howden's Blackwater Grill, we settled in for the evening and I managed to forget to write anything here on the blog reporting our progress because...

after a little "puppy business" and further stowage and organization of provisions and supplies, I fell asleep about 8:30 PM.

Then I actually managed to sleep uninterrupted until after 2 AM, aided by the sound of the steady rain that began about sunset coming in from offshore.

This morning finds my contractor buddy Chuck and I meeting for breakfast and then wandering back over across the Marsh to the mainland, intent on making a bunch of sawdust on the stage of Brunswick's historic Ritz Theater--in the process constructing a giant staircase and associated balcony/handrails on which to stage the production of their upcoming play.

Whether it's Industrial steel infrastructure design one week, or short lived wooden fantasy scenes the next, I just love building things with life's "Adult" tinker toys.

I've suffered from this affliction been driven by this passion for nigh on 50 years now...and I don't intend to discontinue my antics any time in the near future.

(Stay tuned for photos of the progress to date on the never ending residential rennovation project...)

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Tell me again why you moved?!
Oh yeah, that nasty business called the need for cash!;)