Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Plot Thickens

Bwaney...Bwaney...You So Silly...


In my mind the debate is over with this morning as I read news containing stuff like this:

Frank waited until he was "47 years and 3 months old" to come out of the closet. By that time, he says, "I was pretty sure that if I came out I would not lose my job in Congress. I thought it would diminish my influence in Congress. It did not." His base in suburban Boston, in fact, is so safe that he hasn't had to make a campaign commercial for TV in 16 years.

He thinks the average American is "less homophobic than he thinks he's supposed to be and more racist than he's willing to admit."


I could actually care less about the homosexual out-of-the closet part of the story.

What bothers the hell out of me is the fact that Brawney Frank has now been proven to be a %$#@& partisan, lying, useless bastard, and the people of Massachusetts really need to get a grip on themselves and take a look in the mirror in order to see the creeping effects of the cancer which is eating up their brains and causing them to elect the likes of Frank, Kerry, and Kennedy to national office for the past thousand years thirty plus years.

Must be something in the water up there...

Anyone have any idea how long I would last if I moved to Boston?

I'd be killed in the hotel bar for opening my Redneck Mouth before I could even attend the closing on my loan for my new used single wide trailer in "Back Bay."

This latest "anti-Brawney" rant is induced by the revelation that Representative Frank "dated" a man named Herb Moses from 1987 until 1998 when Moses left of all places--his seven year tenure at Fannie Mae.

Frank met Moses in 1987, the same year he became the first openly gay member of Congress.

"I am the only member of the congressional gay spouse caucus," Moses wrote in the Washington Post in 1991. "On Capitol Hill, Barney always introduces me as his lover."

The two lived together in a Washington home until they broke up in 1998, a few months after Moses ended his seven-year tenure at Fannie Mae, where he was the assistant director of product initiatives. According to National Mortgage News, Moses "helped develop many of Fannie Mae’s affordable housing and home improvement lending programs."

(snip)...

Both Frank and Moses assured the Wall Street Journal in 1992 that they took pains to avoid any conflicts of interest. Critics, however, remain skeptical.

"It’s absolutely a conflict," said Dan Gainor, vice president of the Business & Media Institute. "He was voting on Fannie Mae at a time when he was involved with a Fannie Mae executive. How is that not germane?

"If this had been his ex-wife and he was Republican, I would bet every penny I have - or at least what’s not in the stock market - that this would be considered germane," added Gainor, a T. Boone Pickens Fellow. "

But everybody wants to avoid it because he’s gay. It’s the quintessential double standard."

I have to go now and ice down my head before it explodes...


1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Wow! Just Wow!
I read today, on the Human Events website, that the big bailout included get this-$2Million for Ted Stevens, so the University of Alaska can study why ground squirrels hibernate.