Saturday, July 25, 2009

First Bike Wreck In Thirty Five Years

My Face Hurts...


So there I was last night, heading down the shoulder of Kingston Pike on my fancy Townie bicycle coming home from torturing the audience singing Karaoke.

See...Knoxtown has something like 1700 miles of roads and only 300 miles of sidewalks, so I have to ride in the street if I ride at all.

Any way, apparently I owned a piece of asphalt which at the time some lovely citizen in a auto needed so I had to take evasive measures which resulted in me and my bike tipping over.

When the dust settled the bike was fine and the only part of me that hit the ground in an unagreeable manner was my left hand and my left cheekbone and temple.

Now I have a "shiner from hell" and a renewed desire to bitch and complain about the lack of sidewalks and bike paths everywhere.

After all, if everybody rode a bike every day for a few miles we'd virtually eliminate the "obesity crisis" and end the need for government regulation of health care costs and possibly mitigate global warming climate change in the process.

No comments: