Thursday, July 02, 2009

Pool Daze...

Celebrating Being Useless Independence Early...


In case you haven't noticed, I've done basically nothing the past few days but sit on my deck when I wasn't rewiring all of my basement shop and laundry lighting.

Ok...the basement wiring only took about four hours out of the past couple of days because I already had run the wires sometime last Summer and then procrastinated for the next 12 months because the existing wiring configuration scared me.

I finally figured out the spider web of 46 year old two wire conductors (copper with no ground) and managed to not electrocute myself or burn the house down in the process of making everything switched off a single switch instead of pull chains and added three new fluorescent light fixtures to the circuit.

Now the idiot with the weed eater lawn maintenance technicians have run us off the deck so here I am finishing a beer intended for the pool in front of the computer.

Maybe we'll out wait them and manage to stay a little longer.

Excuse me while I go check their progress...

No comments: