Friday, August 21, 2009

Always The Bridesmaid...

Never The Bride


I'm happy sorry to report that I learned I'm the "Number Two" candidate for the job down in "the Atlanta Metro Area" that I interviewed for earlier this week.

I'm also happy to report that as a result Pat and Missy the Turbo Pup and I will continue to be allowed to live here in Mayberry in Knoxtown on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River for the foreseeable future.

Good God but I had forgotten how insane the traffic is there in north Atlanta/Norcross.

And it NEVER lets up.

We drove out of town on Wednesday morning at 6:30 AM across the top end "perimeter" Interstate 285 and I swear we needed a few thousand logos and a fancy paint job and a roll cage and helmets on our heads like we were running in a NASCAR race because anyone going less than 75 was basically A BRIDGE or obstacle to the passing drivers.

Four to Six lanes bumper to bumper screaming down the interstate to a halt at Roswell road where someone had blown a tire.

We got back home to find the home Internet down and the so called "legal firm" in Brunswick putzing around finishing the real estate closing document package LATE as usual so I've been busy yelling at Comcast and holding my head in a bucket full of melting ice trying to keep it from exploding for the past 36 hours...thus the silence here on the WWW.

The good news is I have ongoing responsibilities with my forensic injuneering work including a new project at a university in New England and I'm going to run over and help frame out the lumber on my basement design project next week and we have company coming to town for the NASCAR race at Bristol, TN and once the stupid attorneys get my funds wired over I can start adding onto the Turbo Pup's deck and put in a new kitchen floor.

In the middle of all that ruckus my high school class of 1977 is meeting down on the Florida Gulf coast (Owl Gore Hurricanes permitting) over labor Day to celebrate every one's 50th birthday...so we pretty much have a busy month of stuff to do ahead of us without packing up and moving back to Atlanta.

Just like moving here from our little island on the Georgia coast was a major transformation, the move to Atlanta and taking on the responsibility as project manager of a $140,000,000 fluidized bed boiler project would have been a mental and physical cultural shock which possibly I wasn't prepared to accept...

and as Doris Day used to say...






Que Sera Sera...

2 comments:

HEATHER said...

Sorry you didn't get it, but all of that traffic would have really bummed out your beach bum self. Something better will come.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I'm wondering/hoping whether I'm not getting some of the jobs I'm not, is because God knows better, and I need to be patient.
As for you, maybe the bride will get altar jitters and skip.