Monday, August 17, 2009

Live From Hotlanta

I'm Torn With The Prospect Of Moving Back...


Well, we made the drive from Knoxtown to Norcross in the Atlanta suburbs in time to meet with an owner and a real estate agent about finding a house in the area.

I've thus far kept to myself the fact that I have an interview for a KILLER JOB with an international engineering company tomorrow at 9 AM. I survived a phone interview last week and they've been looking at me since last April and if they hire me I'll be making 40% more money than I've ever made in my career.

Of course that's the only way anyone will ever get me back into this giant traffic jam they call Metro Atlanta--BRIBE ME WITH TONS OF CASH.

Any way, we've run around and looked at eight "pet friendly" houses for lease because I learned my lesson buying a house in a town where I didn't need one without a job to go with it...and that's sort of what the Turbo Pup compound became when my old company closed down last December.

Sitting around in my underwear all day as an independent insulting injuneer and forensic nerd is certainly fun and somewhat profitable, but no one at my house is making enough money to retire any time soon and it's time to get down to business and make some real dough to replace that I've frittered away over the past eight or nine years living in Florida and on boats and islands on the Georgia Coast.

This position will strain my professional beach bum mentality but if they offer I'm afraid I'm going to have to accept.

The pony tail may have to go also.

Wish me luck...if you will...

3 comments:

HEATHER said...

God Bless you Virgil, you are so funny! I would love to be a professional beach bum! LOL!!!

Cousin Pat said...

This position will strain my professional beach bum mentality

But it could never strain your beach bum credibility. Losing the ponytail would suck, tho, but if they can bribe you to live back inside the traffic jam, the cosmetics would be a small negotiating point.

Good luck on the killer job.

Anonymous said...

oh no, not the ponytail.....