Thursday, August 13, 2009

dISTRACTED

drAWING AND cALCULATING AND tIRED OF bITCHING & cOMPLAINING


Oh...where to start this morning...

Since my last rant (which I think was one of my better ones although a bit coarse in language), all I've been doing is thinking about thinking about some things I need to get done around the Turbo Pup Compound, doing a little drawing and design work for myself and some clients, reading depositions on the latest Forensic Engineering lawsuit, and negotiating a real estate deal which hopefully gets me out of the slumlord/investment rental property on the Georgia Coast.

As of August 20th I will only own one piece of real estate, and I'm darned glad to see that extra property go. All in all I had a terrible experience trying to buy and improve an inner city property in an area where the residents generally behave as animals and criminals and their plight will hardly improve no matter how much money and effort is poured into their community by the government and private investors.

That's not a "Racist" statement...that's just a fact speaking from first hand experience gained over five years.

I wish I could snag another good deal on an investment property but right now with things as they are I think I'm just going to make some more improvements on the Tennessee house and hold the rest of the funds in reserve for a rainy day.

Remember I'm "officially" unemployed...living from project to project like an injuneering hobo.

Meanwhile I'm still sitting here amazed at the stupidity and insanity I see around me in the world...public and private and political, and as a result I remain dedicated to redoubling my efforts to solidify my family's positions financially on a cash flow and long term investment basis before the government idiots and our society's bands of "looters" (per Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged") end up standing on my doorstep wanting even more of the value of my personal efforts in the form of new and increased taxes.

Tomorrow I might even emerge from my office and bedroom and actually get some more work done on the never ending front porch refinishing project because phase two of the rear deck project is on the horizon in the next 30 days.

I'm thinking of building a simple "outdoor kitchen" on this next pile of deck lumber as I more than double the size of the deck surface area...including built in seating, counter space, a little refrigerator, a sink, and a built in gas grill to augment my Webber Kettle Charcoal grill.

I say Charcoal rules, but Gas has it's advantages when you need to use a burner to steam crab or keep a bunch of food hot and don't want to heat and stink the house up in the summertime.

And if things keep pissing me off and people keep bothering me I may just end up mounting a surplus machine gun turret adjacent to the new rooftop cruise missile launch platform and radar installation I'm designing...

Don't be surprised...remember someone (I think it was Ben Franklin) said...an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

OH oh-will you design a compound for me?! I keep threatening my husband with building one, at which time he just pats my hand and says "yes dear." I'm telling you if I had unlimited money, I would be quite dangerous! LOL!