Sunday, August 30, 2009

"My Grace Is Sufficient for You, For My Power Is Made Perfect In Weakness."

1 Corinthians Chapter 2, Verse 3


Please excuse me, because I'm not preaching.

I don't even go to church regularly these days, but still I like the Apostle Paul's words there...

When you look at all the crap going on around us it's somehow reassuring to hear that someone might actually be in charge that isn't elected in politics by the morons I saw walking around the local Mall this afternoon.

I, personally, am fortunate to have made it back home from our shopping trip without having been arrested for tearing some idiot's arm off and beating most of their entire family to death with it.

The older I get, it seems the less tolerant I am of "crowds" and "the general public." I'll probably never set foot in an amusement park or a NASCAR race or most football stadiums ever again because I can't help having laser beams exploding from my eyeballs and out of my butt when I witness the stuff you're forced to witness these days.

It's either because I just keep getting smarter and smarter else the aforementioned "general public" is continuing in a gradual spiralling descent into moronic pop cultural behavior which makes me want to kick the shit out of them knock some sense into them when they get in my way and waste my time with their inane endeavors spending money they don't have to spend.

I guess it's best I just stay home and let them all self destruct, except that the government keeps coming to my door asking for money to help buy houses and cars and health insurance and retirement while I continue to insist on living within my means.

Is it just me???

No comments: