Friday, September 04, 2009

The First Day Of My Second Half Decade

The Celebration Continues...


I'm pleased to report that the Lower Alabama portion of my 50th birthday festivities concluded as a great success...with Thursday afternoon having been spent poolside and an early Mexican dinner with Mom and the girls.

Now later today the CHS Class of '77 group 50th birthday party begins down on the Florida Gulf Coast.

I mention this publicly so everyone in the immediate vicinity of Pensacola and Ft. Walton Beach will have time to remove all of their elderly relatives and small children from harms way.

We're not sure of the total attendance, but people are flying in from as far away as Utah for the "unofficial" event which has been planned by my fellow "Mancamp" members for about 6 months now.

I sure hope that the weather holds up for us.

Pat and the Turbo Pup and I will be heading south later this morning...stopping overnight at my friend Roy's home where we're threatened with being plied with Margaritas and a Low Country Shrimp Boil.

I also just learned that Missy the Turbo Pup will be participating in what I'm calling the first annual Shalimar Mini Dachshund Races and Rodeo (SMDRR).

It should be interesting watching four little dogs with a total weight of probably something less than 50 pounds spar and joust for dominance and attention.

Then Saturday morning we're jumping across the bay to Santa Rosa Island and our final beach front Condo destination on Saturday.

There one could witness the glorious spectacle of a bunch of middle aged guys standing and laying around drinking and telling lies stories and competing in strenuous events like farting and belching competitions.

And the girls will probably spend their time sitting around by the pool or on the beach looking disgusted at us while whispering things under their breath like "what was SHE thinking when she bought that bathing suit?"

Do I know women...or WHAT?

I was going to bring my Frisbee along with me but had second thoughts because I didn't want to risk having to have someone call 911 for me after about 15 minutes trying to run and catch it.

Things have sure changed over the past 33 years, but it will be fun to see everybody again...and I can't wait to show the girls how good I look in my new Speedo...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Virgil! It's Jamie....loved reading your comments about the 50th beach bash, as always you are very entertaining, I really wanted to be there...are there any pictures posted anywhere?
I am done in FL now....finally getting a vacation myself, it has been two years since I have seen the gulf, it has been fabulous!!!
Hope all is well and you made a splash in your speedo!!