Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Eastward Bound

Ready To Sleep In My Own Bed...


We woke up to a light frost on the roofs here this morning in Western Missouri.

There's a busy day ahead for everyone packing the Turbo Pup's lockers and sea chests into the Chrysler 300 in preparation of making the first leg of our journey over to Paducah, Kentucky by mid afternoon, then on back to the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River on Thursday morning.

Pat's been able to spend a week with a daughter and two soon-to-be grown granddaughters and I've made some substantial headway on the professional front and all and all I'd have to declare this to have been a successful trip...assuming that we have a safe return journey over the upcoming 725 miles of interstate highway insanity.

I still haven't had time to come up with anything creative to say regarding the stuffed shirts up in Washington DC or the other world insanities going on which hasn't already been said on FOX News or talk radio, but it's been sort of nice to act like most "regular" Americans and be so distracted I don't have a clue what's going on.

I'm sure that by Friday or Saturday I'll have developed another full "head" of steam and be spouting off about something that's making my head spin at "orbital rotational velocity."

In the mean time wish us a safe trip and continue to feel free to entertain yourselves...

if you will...

Regards Y'all

No comments: