Monday, February 01, 2010

Back To The Grind

Making Money Overshadows Fooling Around...


Last night we left the house in the car for the first time since lunchtime Friday and wandered down the Pike and grabbed a quick dinner out, then I came home and continued slogging my way through tax records getting ready to file the two obligatory annual 1040's with the associated schedules and forms, and now a corporate tax return for the first time in ten years.

There's something incredibly wrong when a private citizen is punished for living and breathing and making a little money here and there and in order to answer the Government's questions in the process you have to generate a stack of file folders almost A FOOT HIGH.

I read somewhere where the Federal Tax Laws have now exploded from about 400 pages when it was first enacted in 1913 to over SEVENTY THOUSAND PAGES in it's present form (excuse the pun)today.

That's just stupid, and all the people out there that benefit from running to H&R Block, filing returns and not only not owing any money but getting a "return" in the form of "earned income credits" and other "refundable credits" for non-achievement (then walking away giving up 25% interest in return for your "Tax Return Anticipation Check" so you can go buy a new car while I own a 15 year old Suburban) need to realize that, while it might be legal, to ME it's the same thing as coming to my house with a gun and making me give you a portion of my life and labor and possessions...

except you elect vote to allow the GOVERNMENT to do it on your behalf...under the guise that I don't NEED all of the money I earn...and because you're too chicken shit to come take it yourself.

You'll have to excuse me now because I have to go do some WORK in order to earn my money, and hopefully earn enought between now and April 15th to pay my fair share of the costs of roads and the military--things I want to pay for--and probably a couple of tax cheat deadbeats riding on my back courtesy of the US government.

That will be all...for now.


MORE 45 Minutes later...

No...I'm not Manic Depressive although my apparent mood swings here in this blog might indicate otherwise, it's just that I hate the IRS and I hate the BS sold to the population about higher income taxpayers.

I'm not one today but I aspire to be one (a "high income earner") again. One of my best friends made almost a million dollars over the past four years and he definitely doesn't "OWE" anyone nearly $350,000 in taxes in return for the privilege of getting three college degrees and working his ass off sacrificing marriage and ever having any kids of his own...

I too worked my ass off to get through college and have paid tons of money to accountant's over the years to keep me and my corporations out of trouble with the IRS, and I ELECTED to NOT have any children also because I was too busy working to raise a family.

I've screwed up in many areas of my life, but I've also managed to make some smart choices and maybe had a little luck along the way, and still I say that sleeping your way through high school and then going out and squirting babies out right and left that you can't afford shouldn't entitle you to winning the government lottery paying you "living wage" income and "free" health care health insurance and retirement benefits by shaving the top off of the incomes of me and my peers.

Sorry...just call me selfish I guess...

No comments: