Thursday, April 22, 2010

Professionally Unprofessional

Old Habits Hard To Unlearn...


I hate to admit that I'm having a hard time having to go back to working on a regular schedule and actually accomplishing something on a pre-arranged basis these days.

I hope that you'll understand how hard it is when I've spent years perfecting doing things in fits and starts using bursts of energy, and then falling back to laying around blogging and yelling at the TV and basically doing nothing all day and night for weeks on end in the periods of time in between the spasms of productivity.

This week is another one of those hated "productive periods."

I've been up since 2 AM tearing down another group of four pneumatic valves and getting them solvent cleaned and rinsed off, and if my energy holds out I'll do another batch of four later this morning and ship out another load of eight units today following yesterday's load of four.

My fingers and hands hurt from handling the sharp steel and aluminum parts and cranking on the wrenches and vise handle, and on that note I think that I feel a nap coming on... before getting back up and doing it all over again.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: