Monday, May 10, 2010

Farm Hand

Project List Progress


Well, it looks like I'm gonna be a busy bee this week. At least the weather is going to be agreeable for a change.

It usually rains three or four days out of every week I spend down here trying to get some work done. Not so this week according to the current forecast.

I've already replaced the battery in the old Mazda pickup and put new wiper blades on the car, and after lunch we're heading over to the local lumber yard for a pile of wood.

In addition to a couple of hundred square feet of deck lumber and 132' feet of handrail to repair/rebuild, the tasks have grown to include the following:

A. Rebuild the cutter head on a 6 HP electric start string trimmer mower
B. Service all of the other lawn equipment including a 20 hp lawn tractor and a push mower and God knows what else.
C. Use aforementioned mowers and tools to cut the highway right of way around the driveway.
D. Prune the shrubbery encroaching on about 50 yards of driveway.
E. Rebuild a couple of broken sections of board fence destroyed by fallen pine trees.

...and on and on and so on...you get the drift of the situation.

I wish I was thirty years old again rather than nearly fifty one, but since I have a five or six day window I should be able to get through most of the list...as long is it doesn't grow any longer in the process.

Historically something else breaks while I'm doing whatever I'm doing so I have to stop and go buy parts and spend a half day fixing whatever's getting in the way of progress.

Time to hit the lumber yard I guess...y'all have a LOVELY afternoon...and feel free to stop if you have some spare time and feel like doing some mowing or something.

No comments: