Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sunshine & Cigars

Lethargy Sets In Again...


Between raining most of the first part of this week since we've been back home from Lower Alabama, and with low temperatures creeping into the upper 40's last night, I've basically spent most of my time the past three or four days goobering around here in front of the computer or sleeping trying to catch up from missing most of my daily naps last week.

Then yesterday afternoon I made a half hearted effort to install a couple of new downspouts on my rain guttering system--getting one cut to size and half way hung up into place but not ending up being in a satisfactory condition by happy hour time yesterday evening.

I left the ladder standing against the house and the semi-finished run of pipe dangling there in suspended animation, so now I'm trying to force myself out from in front of the computer screen with a burst of energy sufficient to finish that effort and then duplicate it on the other side of the carport on the front of the house.

And then of course the deck and deck chairs are calling to me because it's warmed up into the mid 70's and it would be easy to ignore all of the "homeowner crap" that needs to be done and just pour a mid afternoon drink and go sit and squint in the sunshine for a couple of hours listening to Rush Lindbaugh spit on his microphone.

OK...taking a big breath...I'm going out to the jobsite driveway and see if I can get something done now.

Regards Y'all...

No comments: