Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Apparently Alabama Has Elected A New Stupid Shithead To Run The State

"We Can't Seem To Keep The Most Ignorant Among US Out Of Government Or Off The TV..."


As all of my regular readers know, I grew up in "Lower Alabama", or LA for short, back in the late 1950's, 1960's, and mid 1970's.

Then I got the hell out just because the jobs were in places like Atlanta and George Wallace was doing his best to embarrass everyone beyond what Big Jim Folsom and Folsom Junior later did  in the state with stuff like standing in the doors of the University of Alabama trying to block the black students being paid to make a racial statement from entering the college.

Of course Georgia and Tennessee and South Carolina and Mississippi weren't that much better in those days but still I'm just sayin'...

Today I've learned that no matter what the underlying truths and concepts--right or wrong--that you have to pick your battles carefully...particularly when they are to be conducted on a public stage, and apparently that message hasn't made it through the grapevine or across the Internet to this new dude named Robert Bentley that was elected back in November 2010 to be the new governor of Alabama.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley told a church crowd just moments into his new administration that those who have not accepted Jesus as their savior are not his brothers and sisters, shocking some critics who questioned Tuesday whether he can be fair to non-Christians.


"Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother," Bentley said Monday, his inauguration
day, according to The Birmingham News.


Here's the link...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_alabama_governor_christians

Just in case you didn't know it by now, I'm making plans to move back from the Turbopup Compound here on the banks of the Mighty Tennessee River to the farm or at least the little town near the farm in Lower Alabama in the next year or two, and believe me it bothers me when idiots like this Gubernatorial moron are still being elected to office in the State of Alabama nearly 35 years after I left the area to go to college and pursue my fortune...such as it is...

What I want to know is...Who the heck is this guy and how the hell can people in Alabama still be so stupid as to elect someone like him to office?

I don't mind his Re-Born Christian leanings, but hasn't he learned to keep his stupid yap closed depending on the audience and live the life of a Christian without alienating everyone else and giving the media fodder to attack people of faith?

Just dammit...as I wrote earlier...we can't keep the most stupid among us off the TV and out of the Newspaper Headlines...

No comments: