Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another Day...Another Ocean...

Rainy Gulf Of Mexico Visit


The weather across south Georgia and lower Alabama was a rainy soup yesterday as we reluctantly left our little island and made our nearly seven hour run from St. Simons to the Farm.

It's really hard to leave after only a few day long dose of what we consider to be paradise.

We got to visit with my buddy John Howton who owns Blackwater Grill ( http://www.blackwatergrill.com/index.shtml ) on the island, and then we hung out with Keenan Carter who owns the most popular Shag dance club (for old people) called Ziggy Mahoney's ( http://www.ziggymahoneys.com/ )

Turns out that Keenan possibly wants me to help him do some interior design work on his new club location...building a couple of seating areas which look like a BOAT.  He's been waiting for some local guy to give him a proposal and I volunteered to take a shot at the design and if he likes it he said he'd pay me to come back down and do the construction with a couple of other friends I know that are carpenters.

Nothing like getting paid to show up on an Island, you know?

So now later this morning we head south to my Cousin's home on Choctawhatchee Bay for a family reunion event which I've managed to miss for the past few years due to scheduling conflicts.

I'm going to see some folks I haven't seen in probably ten or fifteen years and it should be quite interesting...

IF IT DOESN'T RAIN ALL AFTERNOON.

Based on the RSVP response there will be nearly 50 people there and it could get a bit crowded in the kitchen and living room if we're all forced inside due to weather.

Now I have to go put together three giant Muffulatta sandwiches to take along with us to the Buffet.

Y'all have a LOVELY Saturday and try to stay cool and dry in this sweaty summer weather...

No comments: