Friday, December 09, 2011

I'm Headin' Back To Knoxtown

Sort Of Excited...Sort Of Sad...

So we were doing the math tonight in the process of getting my luggage packed in anticipation of my weekend trip to Knoxville to get the final details cleaned up with the rental house, and in the process I realized that as of this recent re-location to Oklahoma...

I have changed residences SEVEN TIMES since 2001.

Seven moves in 10 years...between four cities and three states?

That after moving only 8 times including college dorm relocations over 27 years spent in the "Atlanta Metropolitan Area."

Let me say THIS about THAT statistic...

I'm getting too old for this CRAP.

Further, I own too much CRAP to continue to have to load it all into boxes (or supervise the process) and get it loaded onto a truck and then follow it down the road to a new house/city/state.

So any way, today after work I'm getting onto yet another commercial airliner and heading east across almost half of the Continental United States.

In the process once I arrive back in my former home town I intend to spend three days and two nights cleaning up some details and meeting with a contractor

 

No comments: