Saturday, April 08, 2006

I’m Starting A Group Called “IA”

Internet Anonymous, That Is


By the time most of you read this, I’ll already be on an airplane on my way to Ohio…

Alone…

All by Myself…

Without a Computer…

My hands actually start shaking as I write those words.

You see, my old Dell notebook computer has been sidelined with some as yet undiagnosed malady and I’ve recently had to resort to stealing time on Pat’s machine to keep myself abreast of the goings on in the world and to write my nightly missives here on the blog.

I’m not certain that I will actually be able to make it four long days without a computer and internet access, but I guess that we’ll find out soon because I’m going to be gone until Tuesday night because of the absurd limitations placed on my travel schedule allowing me to avoid spending $3000 on a four day trip to the middle of nowhere.

I’m taking the 6:20 AM flight out of Brunswick tomorrow morning, and after catching another flight from Atlanta to Charleston, WV, I’ll be within sixty miles of my destination a little before noon.

For some stupid reason, the only way to do the round trip for 25000 Delta frequent flyer miles is to travel on Saturday and Tuesday, and for some even stupider reason the Holiday Inn Express nearest the location of Grandma’s funeral won’t take Priority Club points so I’m forced to stay in Charleston, WV—the most boring state capitol in the entire US—for the duration of my journey.

Oh well, at least I know my way around town, and I’m taking my camera and drawing tools and I’ll kill some time doing some pen and ink sketches of the cool old buildings down on the river front area of town.

Being computer-less I will have to resort to using the PC in the hotel business center if I can run the teenagers off of them long enough to check E-mail and do a little blogging.

You all have permission to entertain yourselves in my absence.

I may just take an old computer keyboard with me as a sort of high tech pacifier.

Wish me luck...

No comments: