Friday, April 21, 2006

Like Minds

Think Alike

Have I ever mentioned that I enjoy the commentary work of Ann Coulter immensely?

Well, if I haven’t, then let me tell you so now.

Some people can’t stand her, but if I were a few years younger and a few dollars richer (and she wasn’t already happily married), I might consider moving to DC to toss my hat into the matrimonial ring.

Ann tends to piss people off because she’s quite outspoken, but most of the time you have to admit that ANN’S RIGHT.

Not “right” in the sense of “right wing” as many expect, but in my opinion—Ann’s just RIGHT.

I find it interesting that the same day I published ”If You Lay Down With Dogs…You Get Up With Fleas” addressing my views on the Duke University “rape scandal,” Mrs. Coulter published a similar commentary entitled ”Lay Down With Strippers, Wake Up with Pleas”.

I beat Ann to the punch line title by several hours since I hit the “publish” button here at 4:35 AM in the morning.

I swear that I didn’t copy her title, but I’m pleased to find that we both echo similar themes relating to boorish, vulgar behavior and the resulting unintended consequences.

Like Ann, I had also already mentioned in another posting last fall that Natalee Holloway’s death in Aruba was a direct result of her parents allowing an eighteen year old girl to travel out of the country, alone, to drink and party with strange men.

We now know the devastating outcome resulting from the combination of youthful stupidity, alcohol, hormones, and malice.

Natalee would be finishing her second quarter at the University of Alabama next month if she hadn’t elected to present her little blond ass to a bunch of teen aged sexual predators, but instead she’s probably long ago been digested by a school of fish and shrimp swimming on the reefs off Aruba.

Likewise, there is a cloud hovering over the heads of every single person associated with the Duke Lacrosse team this week because of their ongoing poor choices, including most recently the lapse of judgment in bringing a strange women into their midst and paying her to disrobe.

The poor beleaguered single mother stripper is actually quite lucky that she didn’t choose to take her clothes off in Aruba, else she might be looking at the world from the bottom of the ocean rather from the witness stand in a courtroom or through the lens of a TV camera.

And by the way, I wish that Jessie (Hi)Jackson would just shut the hell up on this subject.

No comments: