Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm Melting

Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....


Yes, thankfully I survived yet another sweltering day bumbling around solo on my construction job site on Monday.

By the time I had loaded a couple hundred dollars worth of lumber into my truck at Home Depot and unloaded it down on Wolfe Street I was almost ready to go home, but then I remembered that I had a new air compressor and air powered nail guns to play with and I couldn't resist hanging around to see if I could shoot myself in the foot or something.

Adding to my current construction frenzy is the much awaited opening of our new Lowe's store.

Somehow I didn't know about the event because they didn't advertise it (or I missed the ads) and I only learned about my new purchasing option by listening to Lauren Nobles' local AM Radio Talk Show later in the morning while wiping my face and gasping for air on one of my numerous breaks to drink a few gulps of GatorAid.

I'm still trying to juggle multiple, diverse projects with the sawdust laden residential construction battling for my attention versus the steel stack design, while taking delivery on spandex samples to show Band parents and Band Directors in a meeting tomorrow afternoon.

Next is the Photo Exhibit opening on Thursday after taking time off Wednesday to lounge by the pool and possibly cook a couple of racks of baby back Pork ribs, and then there is the festering and suffering that this blog and my Redneck Gormet blog is undergoing due to my inattention and lack of effort.

Speaking of Blogging effort, one of my blog acquaintences, Lisa Sabin-Wilson over at Just a girl in the world blog is in the process of managing the release of a new book on blog publishing, Wordpress for Dummies, that is available for pre-purchase on Amazon.com.

In addition buying her book, I'll probably be letting her handle the redesign of both my blogs later this summer. We've talked about the idea starting a couple of years ago and I've just not had the time, energy, or funding to put into restarting my efforts in a new, more professional looking format.

Of course that means that by committing to spending money monthly for web hosting and paying a designer for page setup that I must justify the costs with something worth reading, but then again this is MY space on the Internet and if I want to pay a COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS A YEAR and write ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, then so be it.

I am Editor, Publisher, and Chief of Staff here and what I say goes 99.999999999999% of the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who has the other .000000000001% of the say?